Would you like to create an exciting installation on the streets of Liverpool? We’re on the way towards something incredible. sPark It Liverpool is coming to a parking space near you, and we’re looking for applications to take part in the event.
A key part of our work at Transition Liverpool is to build partnerships with other community organisations, and with the creatives, artists and independents who make Liverpool unique. There is so much going on in the Liverpool City Region, and we want to shine a light on all the amazing initiatives out there. Through supporting each other, working together and building a strong network, we can amplify our message and ensure that each project has the biggest possible impact on our community.
sPark It Liverpool is a project designed to give a platform to your work. Next summer we will take over the streets of Liverpool, allowing community organisations and independent businesses to create pop-up installations in on-street parking bays in order to engage, inspire and entertain the people of our city. It is inspired by Park(ing) Day – an event that has fired the imagination all over the globe. Take a look at the gallery at the end of this article for some examples of previous installations.
If you are a community group or voluntary organisation who want to shout about your work, please get in touch to be considered for a space at sPark It. If you are a creative who feels they can bring something exciting to our streets, please say hello!
What you get:
– As a sPark It Partner, you have the opportunity to transform an on-street parking space in the city centre, in whatever way you want.
– £200 towards the cost of your installation
– An article on the Transition website to promote your project
– Have your project shared across our platforms and those of our partners
– Support from a network of professionals, from creatives through to chartered architects, in order to make your ideas come to life
We’re a friendly bunch here, and this is all about transforming our urban environment in a celebration of imagination and joy. In order to apply, your project must:
– be positive and creative- be mindful of carbon footprint and sustainability (no fake grass please!)
– promote environmental, social, and/or economic justice
– support the building of community networks
We’re a small voluntary organisation, and this is our biggest project to date, so if you work with us as a partner we would ask that you do what you can to promote our crowdfunder! We have high hopes that this project will continue to grow, but the first step is to meet our crowdfunding target.
Please donate, and share our crowdfunder, so that we can make this happen. If you would like to get involved in the project – whether that is as an exhibitor or in any other manner, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re always looking for contributors and collaborators!
Transition Liverpool is a non-partisan organisation and so we will not be able to offer places to any party political groups.